Roller Mills – RV Range
- High performance on all cereals/pulses
- Easy roll setting adjustment to vary degree of crush
- Roll feed avoids blocking by trash
- Large diameter rolls – extra contact
- Much reduced noise and vibration
- Low maintenance, in-built reliability
- Enclosed body for dust suppression & safety
- Capable of flat rolling
- Extra robust construction
- Capacity range from 500 – 5000kg/hr
- Static, mobile and tractor mounted versions available
Mills are supplied fully assembled and ready to work. Roll setting is quick and simple with over centre lever and eight different locking positions – offering a full range of crush levels on all crops. Feed rate is easily adjusted using the sliding gate, referring to the ammeter provided to optimise motor loading. Roll scrapers can be locked into engaged position – or can be used intermittently as required. The spring rolls apply optimum pressure to allow flat rolling whilst still providing security when stones etc pass through the machine (the roll gap increases momentarily).
RV mills are of a very strong unitary construction with main body continuous welded in 10 mm plate. The large diameter (355 mm) rolls, one grooved and one plain, are machined from quality cast iron, precision balanced and mounted on 60 mm shaft and bearing assemblies – with dual coil spring protection from foreign objects.
The unique feed hopper design provides maximum crop exposure to the drive roll – avoiding feed blockages from trash, while anti-intrusion bars restrain large stones etc. – roll life is greatly extended.
· Installation Options:
- Mixer Frame: To position mill onto Alvan Blanch mixer.
- Support Stand: For independent operation with side chute or screw discharge.
- PTO drive/static stand: available on RV280 & RV420 models.
- Totally portable mill package: PTO driven mill on extra heavy duty frame with skid base, 3 point linkage mounts and fork lift points.
New – Model RV 420 – T
Direct drive PTO with fixed stand and side discharge screw.
· Solid Chilled Rolls:
- Solid Chilled Rolls are fitted as standard on the RV 420 model and are available as an optional upgrade on the RV 140 and RV280 models.
- The much greater mass of the solid rolls mean lower vibration and enhanced performance, particularly on flaked products.
- The properties of chilled cast iron are high hardness coupled with high compressive strength. The resulting combination is very high resistance to wear. Chilled cast iron is not machinable in the ordinary sense, due to its hardness. It is commonly referred to as “nearly diamond hard” or as “hard as a file”.
- Because the rolls are the working surfaces of any roller mill, extra money spent here on quality will pay you back big dividends.
· Other Options:
- Double Roll Drive: Recommended for use on maize, beans etc. and consists of a pair of gears – can be ordered with the machine or can be very easily self-fitted retrospectively.
- Probe switch: detects when the hopper is empty and shuts the mill down after a preset time delay.
- Magnets: 2 high performance bar type magnets conveniently located in feed hopper – strongly recommended for protection from ferrous foreign objects (which can cause damage to roll surface or injuries to livestock).
Please note: Options below show models with extras to suit different applications.
|Models||Drive||Output (kg/hr)||Roll Dimensions
diameter x width
|kW||hp||Flat – Lightly cracked||mm|
|RV140||4||5.5||500 – 1100||355 x 140|
|5.5||7.5||600 – 1350|
|RV280||7.5||10||950 – 2100||355 x 280|
|11||15||1200 – 2700|
|RV420||15||20.6||2000 – 4500||
355 x 420